- Advice to Famous Politicians: NRO
Ask Mary your question:
PO Box 11596
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Art of Manliness. Dress your honey better with the tidbits you get on this site.
View up to date street fashion from all over the world.
Fashion history placed in an easy-to-read format.
EIS certified trainers in Singapore!
Visit this site if you are looking for great fashion help!
Fashion Gift Ideas for Women:
1. A signed copy of "It's So You!" with an inscription for best wishes. Here
Interview / Work Tips:
1. Choose your outfit with care. Ensure that it is cleaned and yes, pressed. (Dig out that iron from under the laundry!) Generally, professional attire involves separates like a structured top (for example, a collared shirt) paired with dress pants or a pencil skirt. Wear flattering colors for your skin type.
2. Update your eyeglasses. You must look current and convince your potential employer that your knowledge of the world didn't stop at 1999.
3. Wear eye makeup, but ensure that the eyes are still more noticeable than the makeup.
4. Limit the amount of jewelry, especially noise makers like bracelets. Cover or de-emphasize body art.
5. Attend to the smaller things like your breath, your uh, overall scent, and the condition of your hands. These are cues for how detail-oriented and charitable you are.
6. Wear shoes which don't involve any serious modifications of your walk. Practice walking as if you are used to work shoes.
7. Choose a bag which implies "work" rather than "beach," "bar," or "motorcycle gang."
8. Keep papers organized in a folder or portfolio and bring your own pen.
9. Wear hosiery if in doubt (especially if you are interviewing for a job which involves the management of lots of money).
10. Turn off the phone. Don't even put it on the table in front of you no matter how badly you need to view texts from your teenager who is stuck in front of the school. She'll be fine.
Vivienne Tam is someone I watch each season.
Nanette Lepore's work always makes me smile.
The Trouser Fit is a full-leg that falls from the widest point of the hips. It can be the most elegant of trousers when made from a good woven fabric.
The Boot Cut fit is universally flattering because the artificial volume at the leg opening balances your natural volume at the "seat." Dark shades of denim will provide the most sophisticated look.
Form fitting trousers (skinny jeans, leggings, "stove pipe capris) are not as flattering on women who have a lot of natural volume on the bottom because the lines of the legs do not drop down vertically. Women with a lot of natural volume at the top may appear top heavy.
These jeans work with tasteful tops that skim over private areas like tops over leggings. And, as we all know, leggings work like panty hose. (One never leaves the house in just hosiery and a top.)
Jeans that are tapered on the bottom, loose through the thigh, and high waisted are "mom jeans." (and not in a good way)
Spring 2013 is a gorgeous bouquet of bold colors, exciting prints, and interesting shapes. Come tour the best stuff!
Some career wear is shown with cropped or skinny trousers. The top portion of this outfit is perfect for business; The bottom brings it down to business casual.
A sweet collar atop a loosely fitting shirt is fresh and easy.
BAGS! (The Guide)
Take a look below. Note that this season offers a bit of lady-like restraint. Resist prints and bright colors for career wear, but let your creativity run free for casual time.
Instant updates! (Above) Fresh neutrals dotted with bright graphics. Spring means crisp, cool, and rainy where I live, so I'm covering up.
ISY tip: Spring can mean the weight of winter but the color of summer.
My #1 favorite trend:
A Sample Wardrobe (Left)...
for me. It's the dress-up-dress-down wardrobe and it has 3 key updates: color blocking, bright prints, and lace overlay. I'd wear every top with every bottom to go from monochromatic to color blocks.
The sandals work for personal casual time. The pumps are great for work. Flats, on the other hand bridge the two.
I opt for a slight flare in my trousers and a watch to keep it grown up.
Yes, the satchel is the day time bag and the clutch is for night.
ISY Tip: Choose a color combination that places your best colors beside your face.
A business to business casual wardrobe for starting out in your professional life (Below). It can be used any season. ISY Tip: This is only a template. You add your personal touches.
Junior's Sample Wardrobe (below)
It's able to handle any occasion with its splashes of color and versatile pieces.
ISY Tip: In the early spring, see what you can use or re-purpose from your winter wardrobe.
A personal casual wardrobe (below) in a fresh blue color scheme.