Choose your focus:
1. Successful Style in the Workplace
2. The Difference between Business and Business Casual
3. NEW! Effective Communication (including a quiz to find your communication style!)
Reliable and independent fashion instruction for the professional is more important than ever. That's because our current fashion climate is confusing, fashion resources are often contradictory, and time is precious.
Mary Sheehan Warren is a fashion consultant who has experience in both business and education. (More about Mary) These experiences are combined to create a unique seminar that's...
- Interactive and entertaining
- Woman-centered not product-centered
Appropriate for: Businesses, schools, sororities, women's groups, professional organizations
Time: 1.5 - 3 hours depending upon size of the group; or, customized to fit your schedule
Setting: Conference room, classroom, or auditorium
Content: (Customize for your group):
- Focal Point and First Impression
- Fit, Flattery and Fantasy: Body type Analysis and Strategies for Creating the Optical Illusion of Proportion
- Credibility and Confidence:Fashion Personality and How to Shop Effectively for Yourself
- Color Palette: Color Analysis with Direction on Color Choice (Individual analysis given to each participant in groups of 20 and under; Step by step instructions given to larger groups.)
- Wardrobe Analysis and Design Tips (You decide the emphasis: business, business casual, personal casual, or all three)
- Basic Business Etiquette (greetings, posture, use of accessories and technology, dining)
Materials: custom-made booklet, pen or pencil, bookmark. If desired, arrangements for book distribution shall be made before the Seminar with the publisher, Spence Publishing.
Cost: $500 per hour/ Special arrangement for non profit organizations; Travel expenses are charged to groups outside of Wisconsin and Northern Illinois.
There are no products for sale and no recruitment for sales personnel at any of these services. It's So You! is not affiliated with any retailer or other service provider.